ITI TEFL Certificate
About the ITI TEFL Certificate
What is the ITI TEFL Certificate?
This is an introductory course about Teaching English as a Foreign Language which requires no previous teaching experience. On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate issued by ITI. The course is an excellent preparation for people interested in teaching English as a career or a hobby.
What does it involve?
- Face-to-face input sessions in which you will learn teaching techniques and activities and how these can be applied in the classroom
- Microteaching in which you will get the chance to practise some of the things you learn on the course by teaching your peers
- One hour video observation in which you can see a real lesson being taught by an experienced teacher
- Short practical written tasks in which you will demonstrate what you have learned on the course
- Online tasks in which you will get further input to that already done face-to-face, including some language awareness tasks
- Background reading to help you learn more about teaching
How long does it last?
- 18 hours face-to-face
- 22 hours online
Who is it for?
- are considering a career change and want ‘a taste’ of what it’s like to teach English
- want a teaching qualification but don’t have the time to follow a recognised qualification like the CELTA
- are planning to take CELTA / ICELT in the future but may need to develop their language awareness and/or language competence (oral and written).
What are the entry requirements?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum language level B2 or above
What will I be required to do during the course?
- Attend all the input sessions
- Complete the written tasks
- Complete the online component of the course
- Create a portfolio of your work