ITI TEFL Certificate
Courses coming up
Click the course code to see all the details of the course.
Click 'Attend' to enrol on the course.
About the ITI TEFL Certificate
What is the ITI TEFL Certificate?
This is an introductory course about Teaching English as a Foreign Language which requires no previous teaching experience. On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate issued by ITI. The course is an excellent preparation for people interested in teaching English as a career or a hobby.
What does it involve?
- Face-to-face input sessions in which you will learn teaching techniques and activities and how these can be applied in the classroom
- Microteaching in which you will get the chance to practise some of the things you learn on the course by teaching your peers
- One hour video observation in which you can see a real lesson being taught by an experienced teacher
- Short practical written tasks in which you will demonstrate what you have learned on the course
- Online tasks in which you will get further input to that already done face-to-face, including some language awareness tasks
- Background reading to help you learn more about teaching
How long does it last?
- 18 hours face-to-face
- 22 hours online
Who is it for?
- are considering a career change and want ‘a taste’ of what it’s like to teach English
- want a teaching qualification but don’t have the time to follow a recognised qualification like the CELTA
- are planning to take CELTA / ICELT in the future but may need to develop their language awareness and/or language competence (oral and written).
What are the entry requirements?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum language level B2 or above
What will I be required to do during the course?
- Attend all the input sessions
- Complete the written tasks
- Complete the online component of the course
- Create a portfolio of your work
How much is the course?
200 GBP (payable in full before your course begins).
How can I find out more?
Please contact Amanda Gamble for more information.