Teaching Performing Arts in English Teacher Training Course
What is the Teaching Performing Arts in English Teacher Training Course?
This is an introductory course into Teaching Performing Arts which requires no previous teaching experience. On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate issued by ITI. The course is an excellent preparation for people interested in teaching the basics of musical theatre: singing, dance and acting.
Who is it for?
- wish to learn more about the teaching of performing arts to children
- have been teaching an aspect of performing arts in an unqualified capacity
- are established teachers who are wishing to revitalize their skills in the teaching of performing arts
- want to teach more creatively
What are the course objectives?
- The ability to make balanced judgements, backed by sound reasoning, on a variety of teaching styles.
- The demonstration of effective approaches to teaching singing, dance and acting.
- An awareness of current relevant issues connected with the role of performing arts teacher
What does it involve?
- Face-to-face input sessions in which you will learn teaching techniques and activities and how these can be applied in the classroom presented by experienced teachers from a variety of contexts.
- Teaching Practice in which you will get the chance to practise some of the things you learn on the course by teaching a live class.
- Feedback sessions in which you reflect on and evaluate your lesson with an experienced tutor.
- Lesson planning in which you prepare lessons with colleagues under the professional supervision of your tutor.
- Online tasks in which you will get further input to that already done face-to-face.
- Background reading to help you learn more about teaching performing arts.
How long does it last?
- 18 hours face-to-face
- Plus hours online
What are the entry requirements?
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum language level B2 or above
What will I be required to do during the course?
- Attend all the input sessions
- Complete lesson plans and written tasks
- Complete the online component of the course
- Create a portfolio of your work
How much is the course?
- 200 GBP